Monday 21 February 2011

Forsaken.

If there's a place inside my head
To just lie adrift
Unanchored within my thoughts
Consume the memories I once had
And leave myself lost and cold
Trapped inside my own illusion

An immortal isolation
To where reality is an elusive nightmare
Or the perfect dream?
No one can escape this unfathomable void
We can only despairingly attempt to...

Not together, but alone
In this selfish world, we only have ourselves
There's a time and a place for love
But there's no love out here
Will we even glimpse the light at tunnels end?

Burn my ropes of tranquillity
So I can peacefully descend;
The pit of everlasting cries
From our lost and murdered children
The taste of oxygen did not reach their senses
A drowning intrinsic foetus
In the pool of an unloving womb

What have we come to be? A monstrosity
A living carcass of broken emotion
We will all live and die...

Not together, but alone
In this selfish world
We only have ourselves
There's a time and a place for love
But there's no love out here
Will we even glimpse the light
At tunnels end?

No comments:

Post a Comment