Tuesday 21 June 2011

The Voice

Being restless is the works of demons. It's awful. It's something that gnaws at your brain, like a maggot inside an apple. I've only been finished for not even a single day and I worry about the coming days of which contain this very feeling.
Rewind back just two days and here I'd be, with the same feeling of restlessness, however I had something to do, something to actually put true effort and passion into. My restlessness was converted into work which meant something, something which was beneficial.

It was all because of the little voice. The little voice was there to straighten up my priorities and put me in place. When I knew I should be working instead of doing whatever I was doing at that particular time, it'd gnaw at me until I decided to hit the books. It is the very 'maggot' which eats away at me now, however it's not the same voice. I have no true priorities, and the smaller ones I do have are vast in numbers; there's no way the voice can specifically choose one if there's so many, and they're not of much importance anyway. You could say that the voice has 'played it's part', and has withdrawn into the depths of my mind, where forgotten memories lay. Maybe when I assign something as important as my past work to my highest priority, this voice will return. So, maybe, it is the absence of this voice which causes my restlessness?

If there is nothing to truly prioritise, is my mind turning on itself because it has lost its voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment